Luxurious Accommodation

  • DSCF0824
  • 39
  • 34
  • 29
  • 27
  • 25
  • 15.1
  • 11
  • 6.1
  • De-luxe double room
  • Loft bedroom2_IMG_0150
  • Loft bedroomIMG_0149
  • Off street parking IMG_0993
  • 41
  • 44
  • Links View, Seahouses
  • Links View, Seahouses

Welcome to Links View Bed & Breakfast

Links View is a stylish and characterful stone built property circa 1740 and formed part of the John Railston Estate. John Railston a founding resident in North Sunderland was a wealthy Grain merchant with granaries at Seahouses Harbour as well as either side of his house.

The property sits back from the main street and the junction of South Lane and forms part of one of the Heritage walks in the area.

This accommodation benefits from off street parking, luxurious ensuite bedrooms individually designed to ensure they would be appreciated by all. We have only the highest quality linen / towels and beautiful furnishings recognising that comfort and luxury should be enjoyed by everyone who visits us.

Links View has secured membership for its guests to utilise the award winning private members Ocean Club where you can take some time out to relax you can enjoy a twilight swim use the sauna or steam rooms or just enjoy a soak in the Jacuzzi. For those who are looking to be more active try a workout in the Gym or benefit from one of the many spinning classes on offer. The spa offers a number of truly relaxing and luxurious treatments which can be booked for guests in advance of arrival to ensure a special occasion is truly enjoyed.

Brief History of North Sunderland, Seahouses

The owners Gary & Val Robson will share plentiful local knowledge which will ensure guests enjoy their time at Links View and in Northumberland.

Brief History of North Sunderland, Seahouses

Alas very little is left of its illustrious heritage of the 1800’s and the village now thrives under a new veil of Tourism.

During 1770’s the quarrying of limestone and subsequent burning in the still evident kilns was an important industry and the quicklime was cargoed to Scotland for fertiliser.

Initially the harbour was used for the shipment of considerable quantities of corn with during the summer of 1846 over 1000 tons being shipped out.

The closing of the kilns 1860, coincided with the upsurge of the Fishing with which Seahouses is best known with the Herring being king. This led to the development of an enlarged harbour, huge visiting herring fleet, 10 herring yards, a railway to carry the herring.

The demise of the herring and other fishing altered the old world feel of the village but the resourceful inhabitants have adapted the situation to cater for the holiday maker and day tripper with attractions including the outstanding beaches, the lovely countryside, numerous historic and well preserved castles, character full market towns and also Sea trips for both tourists and divers to the Farne islands and other islands around the coast.